21 Jun Nutty Fall Baguette
Seven ingredients are all you need to create this addictive, delicious homemade baguette packed with fiber, walnuts and hazelnuts.
Preparation: 28 minutes
Baking: 22 minutes
Total waiting/resting: 2 hours 45 minutes
Serve it with slightly salted butter or with hearty soups and stews.
|SAF-INSTANT™ Red instant dry yeast||1g|
1. Roast the walnuts and hazelnuts for 8 minutes at 230˚C.
2. Put the fibers and roasted nuts in 30ml of cold water.
3. Keep the mixture at room temperature until mixing.
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Place all the ingredients into the mixer except for the fibers-nuts preparation.
2. Mix the ingredients for 6 minutes on low speed and 2 minutes on high speed.
3. Add fibers-nuts into the mixture and mix for 2 minutes on low speed.
4. Final dough temperature should be approximately 25˚C.
5. Place the dough into a bowl, cover and let it rest for 2 hours at room temperature of around 25˚C.
1. Divide the dough equally into 2 pieces, approximately 300g each.
2. Pre-shape each piece of dough, cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
3. Flatten the dough slightly and fold it to the shape of a baguette approximately 35cm in length.
4. Cover the dough lightly and let it rest for 45 minutes at room temperature of around 25˚C.
1. Preheat your oven at 240˚C.
2. With the help of scissors, cut the surface to create the shape of a spike.
3. Place a bowl of water in the oven and bake the bread for 22 minutes at 240˚C.