01 Jul Hotdog Buns
A classic all-time favourite in the Southeast Asian region.
Approximately 15 buns
Preparation : 35mins
Total waiting/resting: 3h
|Fresh liquid milk||50g|
|Hotdogs/franks of your choice
|Whole egg (for egg wash)||1pc|
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl except for the butter. Mix 3 mins on low speed and 6 mins on high.
2. Add the butter into the mixture. Mix 2 mins on slow and 2 mins on fast.
3. Round up the dough and leave in a covered bowl to rest for 30 mins at room temperature of 26 – 30°C.
4. Divide the dough into 30 x 60g pieces. Mould each piece into round balls.
5. Place each piece of rounded dough at least 2 inches apart from each other, on a tray lined with baking sheet.
6. First fermentation: Cover the dough and leave it to rest for 30 mins at room temperature of 26 – 30°C.
1. Roll each piece of dough into long strings of approximately 30cm in length.
2. Take a piece of hotdog and wrap a dough strip around it like a spiral.
3. Make sure the ends are tucked in and are not left loose.
4. Place each piece evenly spaced on a flat baking tray lined with baking sheet.
5. Cover the tray with cling wrap or cloth for about 120 mins at room temperature of 26 – 30°C (it should double in size).
7. Brush each bun with egg wash.
1. Preheat convection oven to 180°C. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 – 17 mins.
2. Place on a cooling rack to cool before serving.