08 Jul Min Jiang Kueh
Love a moist, fluffy pancake with generous portion of your favourite filling? Min jiang kueh is a popular snack that Singaporeans grew up eating and is usually sandwiched with peanut or red bean paste. Time to relive your childhood memories with this easy to make recipe!
6 pieces of 8 inch
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Good on its own as breakfast or tea break snack
|White castor sugar||70g|
|SAF-INSTANT™ Gold instant dry yeast||3g|
PREPARE THE BATTER
1. Mix the flour, sugar, yeast and baking powder together.
2. Mix the water, oil and eggs together.
3. Add the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients slowly with a whisk.
4. Mix the batter till smooth.
5. Cover loosely and let it rest for 30 minutes.
1. Pre-heat the pan over low heat.
2. Spray the pan with some oil evenly.
3. Pour in a ladle of batter into the pan and spread it out evenly.
4. Cover the pan with lid and cook till slightly dry.
5. Add your preferred filings such as peanut butter nutella, sprinkle with sugar, cover and cook for another minute.
6. Fold into half with spatula, cut and serve.