08 Jun Garlic and tomato focaccia
A classic Italian recipe to pair with your favorite soup, main course or as a flavourful base for gourmet sandwiches.
Preparation : 45mins
Baking : 23mins
Total waiting/resting: 2h30mins
Serve the focaccia as a sandwich with salad leaves, cheese and cold cut meats to make it a hearty meal.
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients into the mixture. Mix 3 mins on low speed and 6 mins on high, until the dough is well-combined.
2. Place the dough on a baking tray lined with baking sheet.
3. First fermentation: Cover and rest the dough for 45 mins at room temperature of 26 – 30°C.
4. Stretch the dough and rest for another 45 mins.
1. Sprinkle some flour on the dough, and cut into smaller rectangular pieces of about 15cm by 20cm.
2. Final fermentation: Place the smaller pieces on a baking tray lined with baking sheet and let it rest for another 45 mins at room temperature of 26 – 30°C.
3. Brush dough with olive oil and plant tomatotes into each piece of dough.
1. Preheat convection oven to 220°C. Bake the bread for approximately 23 mins, or until it turns golden brown.