10 Sep Cinnamon Raisin Bread
An irresistible soft, buttery and incredibly aromatic bread that’s perfect for breakfast or snack. Every bite is filled with just the right amount of sweetness from the cinnamon, sugar and raisins.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Baking: 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Plain, toasted or with a side of butter and cup of hot tea
|SAF-INSTANT™ Gold instant dry yeast||3g|
1. Mix the brown sugar with ground cinnamon.
2. Add the melted butter and mix again till you have a smooth mixture.
3. Store in fridge.
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Place all the ingredients into the mixer except for the butter, sultanas and cinnamon filling.
2. Mix the ingredients for 4 minutes on low speed and 7 minutes on high speed.
3. Add in butter into the mixture and mix for 5 minutes on low speed and 2 minutes on high speed.
4. Add in sultanas into the mixture and mix for 1 minute on low speed.
5. Final dough temperature should be approximately 28˚C.
6. Place the dough into a bowl, cover and let it rest for 1 hour at room temperature of around 25˚C.
1. Roll the dough, cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
2. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin to a rectangular shape.
3. Spread the cinnamon filling all over the top of the dough, roll the dough up and place it in a tin.
4. Cover the dough lightly and let it rest for 90 minutes at around 35˚C.
1. Preheat oven at 180˚C.
2. Brush a layer of egg wash on top of the bread.
3. Bake the bread for 30 minutes at 180˚C.